[thelist] Strange iframe/z-index behaviour

kara iemree at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 00:54:12 CST 2007

Hi there,

I have a strange problem. I prepared a sample page here: <
http://www.karalamalar.net/smb/> (No problem with Firefox. Try to view with
Internet Explorer 6 or 7. IE is a must for project.)

I'm working on an existing web project and trying to change some parts with
more usable/accesible ones. I have changed menu with CSSplay's drop down
image menu: <http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/image_drop.html> Project pages
uses iframes below the menu. If iframe's source is a HTML file, there is no
problem with rendering the menu. When source is pure XML or XML with XSLT
stylesheet, menu acts strange. It maintains it's functionality (you can
hover over mouse items and it gives correct responses) but menu items don't
display correctly. They fall behind the iframe element and gets completly
unusable.

I tried some hacks, tried increase z-index of menu elements but nothing
fixed problem. Does anyone encounter a problem like this? I searched web but
maybe i'm using wrong keywords, i can't find any related resources.

--
kara