[thelist] Project Price

Portman mrport at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 3 08:15:08 CST 2007

Hi Fred,

If you are still sticking to the fixed price you quoted over a year ago,
just remind him that you both agreed to that. You could also break down
for him the different costs that a big internet company would have
charged him and show him in "black and white" that it would not be just
$2.5K. Also explain that you can give him more individual attention,
personalized service, etc.

I had an experience once where someone asked me for a quote on redoing
their website. I gave them a fair price. The person wrote back and said
that he couldn't afford what I had quoted. I *almost* wrote back and
lowered my price, but instead just said that I was sorry that we
couldn't work together and wished him the best of luck. About 3 months
later I got an e-mail from him saying that he now had the money and
wanted to do the website! I have since worked on 3 - 4 sites with him.

BTW, I often tell people that if they think that my price is too high, I
will work hourly for them. It ALWAYS comes out more....

HTH,
Riva