[thelist] IE6 on XP

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:07:46 CST 2007

I have a Windows XP machine, which I use just for testing IE7. I have
one client now whose entire office uses IE6 on XP and it renders
differently then IE6 on 2K, which is what I use.

What is advised to do to be able to test both IE7 and IE6 on XP? I have
seen many times the 'trick' of multiple IE versions on one Windows
machine, yet also criticisms that it doesn't work 100%.

I don't see any other real solution (for me at least), so I suppose I
will give it a try. Using the browsercam-type services would also work,
but it certainly be far easier to be able to test on my own machine.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Fred