[thelist] using ASP to convert uploaded MS Word doc to PDF

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Dec 6 21:35:43 CST 2007

Joel,

Technically, you should be able to install an application like WinPDF [0],
set the PDF printer as the default printer, and execute the commands to
print the document [1].  The printout method accepts a bunch of
parameters--one of which SHOULD BE the filename [2].  This should work so
long as Word is on the server.

[0] http://www.pdfdesk.com/winpdf.html
[1] Example:

Set objWord = CreateObject("WORD.Application")

'Show The Word Application
objWord.Visible = True

'open the document
objWord.Documents.Open strDocPath

'lets see if we need To print it out
If bolPrintDoc = "PrintDoc" Then
  'lets print it To the default printer
  objWord.PrintOut
End if
'clear it from mem
Set objWord = Nothing

[2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q176069/

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/