[thelist] how 'bout PHP? (was RE: using ASP to convert

trevor trevor at intospace.ca
Tue Dec 11 09:26:31 CST 2007

> How about with PHP? Again, I find lots of ways to create a PDF from
> scratch, but nothing about converting an uploaded Word doc to pdf.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Bueller?
>
> Anyone?

hey there,
i know you said you are on a shared server and unlikely to be able to
install/run  MS Word....

but i thought i'd throw this out there as an idea too...

- using open office, the doc app can be run from command line, without a gui
opening, and accepts scripts to batch convert and output pdf's.

more details:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2006/01/11/from-microsoft-to-openoffice.html

- all macros and scrips are included there
hth, trev