[thelist] Custom validation ASP.net

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Dec 10 20:41:43 CST 2007

So,

In your code, you have an <asp:customvalidator /> control?

And you set the onservervalidate property to your custom function (e.g. onservervalidate="MyCustomValidator")?

Then, in your code section, you'd do something like:

Sub MyCustomValidator(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As ServerValidateEventArgs)

        If txtEmail.Text.Length > 0 or txtPhone.Text.Length > 0 then
                e.isValid = True
        Else
                e.isValid = False
        End If

End Sub

And then in your Page_Load() sub you'd have something like:

If Page.IsValid() then

        ' Do good stuff

End If

HTH