[thelist] Quoting IE compliance

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu Dec 13 12:40:35 CST 2007

Hi all --

Interesting comment on IEBlog from a web developer:

**quote**
Both I and the other developer [common clients] use have started
quoting our work for "standards compliant", "works in any one version
of IE" and "works in two versions of IE" separately. When customer
squawked, we each, separately (only finding out about this later)
pointed them to historic internal metrics and external articles
pointing out the grossly negligent defect that is IE.
**end quote**

source: <http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/12/05/internet-
explorer-8.aspx#6679766>

Interesting way to start making clients aware of just how bad IE is
-- quoting IE compliance separately.  Shouldn't affect your business
so long as the Ie quotes are on par with your competition, and the
"standards compliant" quotes are _lower_. :)

If it were possible to make Joe Businessman mad at MS for their
broken browsers, it just might push them towards full compliance.

Also note that blog entry itself:  "We're going to talk about IE8,
but only to make lame jokes and not actually give you _any useful
information whatsoever_.  But 'don't mistake silence for inaction'."
What a putz.

Stephen