[thelist] [Easy as Pie] Unobtrusive Javascript

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Dec 19 10:06:31 CST 2007

Kind of subsidiary to the topic, but, looking at this code:

if(document.getElementById('mylinks')) {
	var links = document.getElementById('mylinks').getElementsByTagName
('a');
};

Am I correct in believing that that can be written as:

if( var links = document.getElementById
('mylinks').getElementsByTagName('a') ) {
};

?

Then, changin this:

linklength = links.length;
for(var i=0;i<linklength;i++) {
};

to this:

for(var i=0;i<links.length;i++) {
};

We can thus reduce your already short 9-line function to a mere 7
lines.  :)

Stephen