[thelist] [Easy as Pie] Unobtrusive Javascript

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:54:55 CST 2007

> I know there are alternate and perhaps even better ways to do it, but if
> I went into everything, it would no longer be easy as pie ;)

Well, which is a hint that it isn't :)

> My goal was to at least introduce some people that are not familiar with
> unobtrusive JavaScript to the values and simplicity (technically
> speaking) of doing so. The article was aimed mostly at beginners to the
> JavaScript field, or even vets who haven't adopted UJS, simply out of
> fear that it is too hard.

Good goal. The best approach to that is make people understand the
building blocks to do so before offering a solution. Otherwise, just
import jQuery and the code example is $('#mylinks
a').click(function(){alert(this.title)});

It IS unobtrusive! :-)

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com