[thelist] replacing line breaks in sql 2000

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Dec 21 00:00:50 CST 2007

Brian Cummiskey wrote:

> I'm using a DTS package to export and automate, which calls my stored
> procedure.  This isn't going to be run web-based at all.  I'd really
> like to avoid going through all that trouble if it's something simple as
> the replace.

It will be a simple replace, but you need to know exactly what you need
to replace. Converting with a function like URL encode will help you
identify the proper character replacements.

One approach is to replace each part individually. Do the CR first then
the LF.

Still it's better to figure out what exactly is in there.

--
Anthony Baratta

  "Cheshire-Puss," she began, "would you tell me, please,
       which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,"
       said the Cat.
"I don't care much where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.