[thelist] css vertical positioning question

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Jan 2 14:38:43 CST 2008

On January 2, 2008 7:37:03 am Meredith Tupper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to vertically position an h1 element inside a header and
> can't find a method that works for Mozilla and IE:
> http://www.pintsize.com/mindsight_coaching
>
> Specifically, I want to move the "Life coaching for living
> from the inside out" up to be parallel with the top of the logo.

Rather than rely on padding for the size of your header specify the height and
width, then you can just float your h1 normally. In other words, removing the
padding from the header div puts your text really close to where you want it,
then apply the padding to the h1 instead if it needs finer tuning
position-wise.
--
cheers,

	Mark