[thelist] PHP n00b

Kevin Timmins kipper_timmins at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 13:04:27 CST 2008

HI there,
In my humble opinion, PHP is a great language, however it wouldn't be my
choice of language to learn oop with. Have you done any Object Oriented
Programming before? When i learnt ph pi read a book by Kevin Yank, its
probably still in circulation now, and i have also bought the php and mysql
for dummies, an absolute must read for programming in php purely for the
web.
I learnt/am learning oop in java and from there i am going to apply that
knowledge to php, it seems to be working for me so far. However if you wish
to just use php to learn oop then you might like to look at www.hudzilla.org
i think the address is. It has a free very extenisive wiki on PHP, which is
absolutely amazing, i think that if you wade your way through it you should
pretty much know alot of all there is to know.
Good luck in your php adventure, i love to programme in it. Although am
having designers block atm :P
Good luck
kipper