[thelist] Image maps - Do I have a bad feeling about them for areason?

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Jan 11 17:09:58 CST 2008

> maybe it's because I haven't seen an image map on a modern
> site

this struck a chord with me. (it was Gm6, I think)

> maybe it's because the pizza I had last night was left out too
> long

not possible; pizza ages like red wine

> I am wondering - do you know of a valid reason NOT to use an imagemap?

I really don't. ALA had this, 4.5 years ago:

    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/imagemap/

I didn't exactly put it under a microscope, but it looks like good
thinking for a less-than-perfect situation (which doesn't exist anyway,
right?)

joel