[thelist] PHP - Making All Links Unique (even to same page)

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:02:24 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 10:15 AM, Joshua Olson <joshua at waetech.com> wrote:

> My suggestion would be to NOT create unique links

I agree with Josh, but for different reasons. I think they really do
need to explain what they are trying to accomplish here, and then they
need to see if they can get the data from Google Analytics by querying
particular URL strings. GA has an API too, so development time might
be better spent hooking into than instead of mucking up your URLs.

My first thought when I saw your post is that your marketing people
are trying to fool Google and other SEs into thinking you have more
pages than you really do. That will only get you in trouble.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications