[thelist] Forcing ASP.NET code to validate?

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 06:57:39 CST 2008

> I think you're trying to herd cats.  These <input>s are intrinsic to
> .Net and AFAIK, there is no way to change them.  (OTOH, I haven't
> looked at how well .Net 3.5 validates.)
>
> ASP.Net is its own standard.  M$: "We don't care -- we don't have to."
> (let the flame war begin!)

I think it's also worth thinking pragmatically about why you want to
validate everything. I mean, presumably the objective is to ensure the
widest possible browser support? In which case the fact that these .NET
additions don't validate surely doesn't matter as much as whether they
work corrrectly in all browsers? And I'm sure they must do, as it
wouldn't be remotely sensible for anyone to build a browser that
couldn't view ASP.NET websites, whether the pages are valid or not.

Jason