[thelist] restoringn svn repo from backup?

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:53:22 CST 2008

hey folks,
I had to move off my old aptop in a hurry, and grabbed the
directory with all my stuff - including the svn repo data itself. (i was
using the flat file db option). Note I did not do a svnadmin dump of the
repos, just copied the whole directory tree that included the repo data.

Now I'm moved into my new machine, I face the challenge of restoring
those repositories. Everything I can find about restoring svn backups
assumes you did a svnadmin dump. The data is in there... but how to convince

svn of that?

thanks for any ideas,
Sam
(apologies for the cross-post if there's any refresh-austin people here)