[thelist] Structure of legal documents

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Feb 14 10:13:38 CST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Julian Rickards
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:28 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Structure of legal documents

Hah!!! Sorry!

http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/mndm/mines/lands/policies/lppolicy/lp103-1_e.asp

Jules

Julian-

I would let the content define the structure. You can then choose to style it however you please. But in general, you're looking at a pretty basic header and paragraph structure with a few blockquotes thrown in there.

Personally, I'd reflow it so the headers appear above each appropriate section but using CSS you could easily style it the way it exists now.

For some examples of styling and structure of government ordinances that I've done, you could have a look at:

http://www.aurora-il.org/publicproperties/streetmaintenance/ordinances.php

For something more akin to your particular situation:

http://www.aurora-il.org/publicworks/engineering/standardspecs/sectiontwo.php

Regards,
Ron