[thelist] PHP file/download management?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu Feb 14 16:23:51 CST 2008

No, I do not need paid access, just control.

Sometimes we need to send people large files, e.g. 50+ MB, and since
you can't email that I like the idea of having a corporate download
site on a subdomain.  I also want a public downloads directory and,
say, an "employees only" (group) directory.

I'm currently considering a program called SecureLoads <http://
www.secureloads.com/>.  It looks promising, but I've already come
across a bug just using the demo.

Part of the reason I like open-source software I guess.  Thousands of
eyes find and fix bugs a lot faster than a small staff at some
company somewhere....  ;)

Stephen