[thelist] css container div is not working in firefox

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Sun Feb 17 14:48:54 CST 2008

Hi Evolters,
I need to have a two column layout, the left side is the navigation, which
is short, and the right side is the main content of the page.
I am using a container div with a white background, which is the color of
the navigation div, with the plan that it will extend down as far as the
main content div.
This is working perfectly in IE, but in firefox, the white background only
extends as far down as the navigation div needs to be, and then cuts off.
Is there a hack for this? I read the Faux Columns article in A List Apart,
but that doesn't really fit this situation.
And why is Firefox behaving this way? Usually Firefox is the cooperative
browser and IE screws up!

Thanks
Nan