[thelist] css container div is not working in firefox

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Sun Feb 17 16:18:33 CST 2008

Hi Nan,

If you want the navigation container to appear to stretch the same length as the content, you'll need to wrap the nav & content in a containing element (div), give the containing element a background color and then float the nav and content.

Be aware there are browser quirks and bugs with floated content that touches other floating content (e.g.: the IE6 peekaboo bug), so you may want to look at something like YUI grids (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/) if you want to invest a little learning time to get a bullet-proof, cross-browser layout.

:)
Paul