[thelist] [Consulting Project] Flash Media Server Guru Needed

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Tue Feb 19 16:48:09 CST 2008

A current client is looking for a Flash Media Server consultant to come
in to review their current server set-up and come up with
recommendations for long-term management of files and other related issues.

Description from the client:

"We're looking an expert on the sysadmin side of Flash Media Server
located in Southern California to come into our office for a short-term
consulting job.

We have a very nice dedicated piece of hardware and FMS3 installed and
we just want to go over some configuration issues and exchange expertise
with a consultant before going into production.

The consultant should be prepared to:

·Verify the configuration of flash (external), preview (internal
staging), and flashinternal (Intranet).  Where to store things?

·Tell us what to watch for, give us the best practices.

·Debugging and performance tips

·Help us to understand action scripting on the server and client sides
(e.g., detect bandwidth and serve up right size video)

·Develop a strategy to benchmark performance.

·How to best setup usage monitoring/log files?  Best way to feed into
urchin, etc.

·File ownership/directory setup/disc usage/etc.

The specifics on the installation are:
HP DL385
Dual Zeon 3 GHz
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte storage
1 GB Ethernet
SCSI discs
Linux Red Hat Enterprise 4  (32-bit, fully patched)

Timeframe is also important—we’re hoping to have the server battle ready
in the next 2-3 weeks (by approx March 7)."

Please email me if you are or know someone who fits this description,
and I'll forward the contact info to the client.

Many, many thanks,

Megan
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design, development & consulting

Most recent website launches:
LA Philharmonic (www.laphil.com) &
    Hollywood Bowl (www.hollywoodbowl.com)
PBS Seeing in the Dark (www.pbs.org/seeinginthedark)
Skirball Cultural Center (www.skirball.org)

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414.273.2446 * F: 414.278.9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278
www.linkedin.com/in/meganholbrook