[thelist] recreating a website in 4 new languages

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Thu Feb 21 08:17:25 CST 2008

Hi Folks,

I just finished a website that the client now wants translated into 4 other
languages. I am going to do this in a database.
I am just starting to sort this out in my head.

I need to have:

a table for all the src's of graphics that have writing on them in the
foreign language (different pages have different numbers of graphics on
them)
a table with:
    the translated heading for each page
    the content text for each page

Would I put the actual markup in the table, or have each paragraph in a
separate row and surround it with tags on retrieving it?

Does anyone have suggestions for the best way to approach this?

Thanks for your time.
Nan