[thelist] jittering mouseover image NEVER MIND, it is resolved

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:09:04 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Joost van Velzen <joost at nr6.nl> wrote:
>  For the fix you should either make sure that there is always a
>  scrollbar, of simply by removing all the <br />'s so you don't have the
>  scrollbar present at all (which to me looks much nicer)

Jumping in a little late here so apols if i've got the wrong end of
the stick....

You should remove the all the <br> and to stop any strange jumping
behaviour on mouseover
why not add a few &nbsp; to your <p id="desc"/>

so when you mouseover the height is the same.... the content just
changes. You could add in as many &nbsp; to take up the same width of
the text - this way it will maintain height with any text-size.

Other options would be to use css and give it a min-height - IE can use height.

#desc {
    min-height:1.5em
}

<!--[if IE 6]>
#desc {
    height:1.5em
}
<![endif]-->

Personally I wouldnt try and fix the issue of browsers showing
scrollbars or not - let the browser do its job of showing a scrollbar
when its required.
Don't confuse the user by having a scrollbar when there is no content to read.

ben
--
Ben Morrison
http://www.benjaminmorrison.com