[thelist] faxing online orders?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:06:46 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Jeremy Weiss <eccentric.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a client that is wanting to add an online order form to his
>  sandwich shop's website. He wants the order faxed to him so that the
>  employee just grabs the faxed order and fills it. The problem I'm
>  running into is that all the services I've found that will take
>  incoming emails and fax them

Why are you putting email in the middle of this? Seems like it'd be
easier (and cheaper) to just hang a modem and phone line on the
server and send the faxes directly.

No, I can't point to any specific resource on setting this up, but such
a thing existed in the early '90s at Sun -- we used it to fax orders from
our workstations to a highly-regarded burrito joint in Mountain View :-)

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com