[thelist] faxing online orders?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Feb 25 09:44:30 CST 2008

> Let's apply a little Holmsian logic here.  The customer wants
> to have
> only one physical device to fiddle with.  You have two options:

What you really want is Krug-ian logic (don't make him think)

What the customer seems to want is ZERO physical devices to fiddle with;
'fiddle' being the operative word.

I don't ever want to be the person who convinces a technophobic client
to use technology they're not already using. The day you do, you've
adopted an unpaid lifelong tech support gig.

MyFax.com basically works out to ten cents US per incoming page. That'd
be $200US/month for the expected volume per the original post. I'll say
it again: I cannot conceive of a reason it's worth reinventing the wheel
to save a few bucks on an expected gross of $6,000/month (guestimating
six bucks per order, which is probably waaay low.)

joel