[thelist] [mysql] optimising query OR alternative to regexp?

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Tue Feb 26 17:26:45 CST 2008

Joshua,

I claim no ownership of the table 'design' - it's from an awful legacy app that I happen to be the one stuck using.

Yep, the name encoding sucks. You should see the rest of the 'database'. I'm just glad I only have to touch 4 tables, even then I feel unclean.

By way of enlightenment, using LIKE with wildcards to replace the regexp portions is way, way, waaaaaay faster than regexp and still returns the same results.

:)
Paul