[thelist] Resizing an 'unresizable' windows partition

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Feb 28 13:17:25 CST 2008

Hi all,

I got a low end Compaq notebook around 18 months ago which has been fantastic. It runs XP but I'm itching to ditch and install one of Novell's distro's.

I've tried resizing the windows partition (60Gb) but XP won't let me resize it. It's one of those weird installs where you don't get the CD but it has a small secondary partiton used for 'recovery' purposes.

Can anyone recommend *cough*free*cough* tools for resizing a partition? I've tried a few with absolutely no luck so far.

Any tips welcome, I need to move on :)

Paul