[thelist] Optimum HTML size

ftarzwell at fayec.com ftarzwell at fayec.com
Thu Feb 28 14:13:47 CST 2008

Hi,

I have been requested to create an HTML email for a client (and yes, I have
expressed the cons about using html email as a promotional tool - spam
filters, plain text only email clients, etc - but they want it anyways).
I have been given a HUGE pdf to create this html email from and been told
to "keep it readable".
The pdf is 300dpi (over 3000px wide and over 2000px in height) so when
resized to a fairly good size the text becomes illegible.
I would like to provide them with a definitive size to be used to create
their html email materials but so far I have found conflicting information
everywhere. Some say 460 width, some say 720 width.
Does anybody know a definitive guide to optimum html email sizing?
What is the standard size to be used in order not to have horizontal
scrolls and what's the optimum image size for saving on bandwidth usage?

Thank you in advance,

FayeC