[thelist] Resizing an 'unresizable' windows partition

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Feb 28 19:38:31 CST 2008

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:17 AM
Subject: [thelist] Resizing an 'unresizable' windows partition

> I've tried resizing the windows partition (60Gb) but XP won't let me
> resize it. It's one of those weird installs where you don't get the CD but
> it has a small secondary partiton used for 'recovery' purposes.

+1 on qtparted, try to find a "live" plus install ISO for your linux distro
of choice, and qtparted is probably already on it. Like the others,
currently have Vista/Kubuntu and as long as Vista is installed first
(k)ubuntu worked pretty much right out of the box for me.

I do like Vista too and have just recently started using it as a primary OS,
and instead of partitioning disks am going to use VMware:
http://www.vmware.com/ for my Linux fix.
--
cheers,

    Mark