[thelist] MySQL: transfer data to table with different structure?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sun Mar 9 13:59:51 CDT 2008

I'm upgrading a client from a (very) previous version of a CMS that
I've written to a newer version. I want to transfer their data over,
but the table structures are slightly different. The tables and
fields are essentially the same but have variation in naming schemes.

Example:
old setup->    articles.ArticleTitle
new setup->  pub_articles.article_title

Newer tables will have newer fields, and need not be affected.

Basically, I'm dealing with a byproduct/consequence of my own
evolution as a coder.

Can someone suggest how I can setup some sort of batch transfer of
data from one differing structure to another?

Thanks.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.