[thelist] Joomla/iFrame question

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Mar 24 09:31:23 CDT 2008

There is ample learning on the run with Joomla.  The mambot makes
running scripts 100 times easier.  With the plug-in installed, you can
go into any static content page and run a script as:

{jumi [some_folder/some_script.php] }

There seems to be an expectation in the Joomla community of assumed
knowledge, so I think the documentation isn't as I would like. For
scripts that only an admin can access/run I am passing a couple
variables from joomla to test; if they exist good, if not, can't access
the page.  I'm a dabbler, not a hardcore techy; it takes me a little
longer to learn the stuff but when it clicks it feels good.

The other note I haven't figured out with Jumi  - sometimes I want to
print out some php code on a page as an example.  With Jumi installed it
wants to escape the code, meaning either delete words or does other
inconsistencies.  I've tried various things to disable the escaping.
Maybe the solution here is to disable either Jumi or the plug-in for
that page only?

-Bob