[thelist] Intranet and permissions

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:12:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM,  <ftarzwell at fayec.com> wrote:
>  Yeah but wouldn't that be amazingly stupid of an employee?

Pretty much.

>  Not only they would be able to trace his IP in two seconds flat but he
>  would also be an ex-employee in the same time it took them to trace it....

Yeah, but imagine if the admin misses it...

>  Would there be any bigger security issues from outer sources at all?

Definitely. Personally, as a sysadmin, I feel like I *need* to give
liberty to the inside people. It's my job to provide that and still
security around it.
Anyway... chmod 777 is probably not the ideal solution to your case.
Why do you need to that?

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz
http://www.noticiaslinux.com.br/eduardo/