[thelist] Real human keyword figure-outer

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 04:59:00 CDT 2008

On 25 Mar 2008, at 19:41, Joshua Olson wrote:

> "If I was to ask you to look for resources for selling a home
> yourself in
> the Augusta, Georgia market, which keywords would you search on?
> Think
> impulsively here and give me the first terms that pop into your head."
>
> The idea is that I would then get hundreds of people telling me what
> term
> they'd impulsively use if they were looking for that "thing" I
> described.

Yep, it's called iterative testing. With PPC, you can do that kind of
thing *really* easily.

That way you're based on what *works*, not what people *say* will work.

And if you're *really* smart, you can tune it to give you the most
efficient cost per *lead* rather than per click. Or better, per *sale*.

Google Analytics can really help you here.

Cheers
Martin