[thelist] Sharepoint a database?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Wed Apr 2 10:04:21 CDT 2008

> His reply, "Remember, we're trying to keep this project
> simple.  We don't need all of that."
>
> I finally gave up on that and presented my list of
> development software to build the GUI.  The Lead's reply, "We
> don't need any of that software... SharePoint will be our front-end."

Just playing the devil's advocate here 'cause I'm generally on your side
of the room, but what's your reason (other than "it's the right thing")
for wanting more than that? Is this project so large and mission
critical that depending on SharePoint's default config and usage is
dangerous, doomed to fail?

joel