[thelist] What is the best IDE / RAD for PHP?

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Apr 4 14:46:45 CDT 2008

I will try this. Thanks everyone!
Na

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Randal Rust
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 1:04 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] What is the best IDE / RAD for PHP?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org>
wrote:

> Yep. XAMPP/MAMPP is the easy way to go for development.

+1 on XAMPP.

I have set up my own PHP/MySQL/Apache installs for years. A few months ago,
I needed to upgrade to MySQL 5 so that I could give Magento a test run and
ran into all kinds of problems. It was so bad that I had to roll back to
MySQL 4. About three weeks ago, I had to rebuild a box and I gave XAMPP a
try. Although I had to mess with some settings to get it the way I wanted
it, I probably won't go back to the old way.
XAMPP was about 100 times easier to set up than the old way.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/