[thelist] DSpam for the rest of us? (wasRE:WhyDoesSpamAssassinHate America? (Or at least justme?))

Chris Anderson Chris at activeide.com
Sat Apr 5 18:07:23 CDT 2008

> > Also if you use different client machines, even with
> > Spambayes installed
> And having multiple mailboxes, I'll have to log in with each one to
> have
> any effect. In the end, it would just be trading one laborious
> frustration for another.

IT works across multiple mailboxes (as long as they are loaded in the
same instance of Outlook)
Basically, you tell it which folders (note the plural) that receive new
emails and so need scanning.
It'll mark emails that it has looked at, so when it scans it just looks
at new emails, but does so across multiple folders (so you can still use
rules) and across multiple mailboxes

Still a little bit of a PITA though :)

> How about DSPAM? Yeah, if I could find something to just put on my
> Exchange server without spending a lot of money (okay, for me right
> now,
> any money is a lot) I'd jump at it, but it looks like I'll be working
> my
> way through the DSPAM setup on a Linux box.

I've noted it ready for investigation when I get some time..(another
reason I was looking for an Exchange "plug and go" solution)
Thanks to those who introduced DSPAM to the thread, but by the summary
it does look good for the job

Chris