[thelist] Delete large number of files and directories Linux

Bojan Tesanovic btesanovic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:19:12 CDT 2008

Hi ,

I have trouble deleting large number of files and folders on Linux

is there a way to delete whole directory structure faster as
classical approach "rm -rf cache/*" is very slow.

the thing is that I have cache folder with many dirs sub dirs and
files  eg

/cache/aa/aa/aaaaasdlkasd_xxx.cache , aaaaasdasd_xxx.cache  //upto
1000 files in this folder
/cache/aa/bc/aabcasdlkasd_xxx.cache , aabcasdasd_xxx.cache  //upto
1000 files in this folder
/cache/zz/zz/zzzasdlkasd_xxx.cache

I would like to delete everything from cache folder  in some other
faster way if possible?

Bojan Tesanovic
http://www.carster.us/