[thelist] different country spellings and searches

Gersten, John JGERSTEN at lchb.com
Fri Apr 18 11:52:18 CDT 2008

Not sure if this is the best approach, but we routinely put spelling variants and mis-spelled versions of some of our more complicated (i.e., most likely to be spelled incorrectly in a search) case and employee names in our meta tag codes. In addition, when we notice that we're getting a lot of variant spellings on something, we will put a sentence somewhere in actual page text along the lines of "often misspelled as ___ or ___," etc. This has worked fairly well for us in catching variant spellings entered in search engines.

Although I suspect there exists a more elegant approach <grin>.