[thelist] aol ajax problems

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:50:44 CDT 2008

2008/4/24 Brian Cummiskey <Brian at hondaswap.com>:
> Lee Kowalkowski wrote:
>  > What is your AOL browsing environment?
>  >
>  The only AOL instance i have to test with is on a mac actually.   osx,
>  and aol 9

OK, in which case it might be Netscape based
(http://info.aol.co.uk/downloads/aol_macosx.adp) you'd know for sure
if you output which XMLHTTPRequest object it's using, do any AJAX
based sites work?  Even others using POST?

>  I don't think that's the problem.   The server is returning a 400 code,
>  which means aol is 'posting' the params to the server as 'malformed' to
>  where the server can't read it.

...or a malformed URL (other browsers might automatically convert
spaces to %20 for instance), are you able to sniff what's being sent
at all?  Try it with the URL and parameters escaped.

--
Lee