[thelist] SEO: search results wildly different from Google to Yahoo

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 06:10:01 CDT 2008

ben morrison wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Joel D Canfield <joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
>
>> I use Google. Client (and client's friends) use Yahoo.
>>
>>  Searching for the words "assured" and "health" on Google, their site
>>  (http://AssuredHealth.com/) is the first organic link.
>>
>>  On Yahoo, they don't exist. Okay, not in the first 15 pages, anyway.
>>

> I can't help you with why they are not appearing so high, but you may
> want to look at searchmonkey
>
> http://developer.yahoo.com/searchmonkey/preview.html
>
> Which will let you create custom search results within the results page.

There was a bit of a miscommunication though: searchmonkey will not help
you with your ranking, it will make it more obvious though what the
results of your company/site are. If we offered a product that helped
you with your ranking the game would be on, people try to play the algos
a lot as it is :)

There will be a "searchmonkey developer breakfast" in our London offices
soon, if you want to come around, drop me a line.

Chris
International Developer Evangelist, Yahoo Developer Network
^ things you become if you spend far too much time on mailing lists, eh?