[thelist] 301 redirect, how to stop?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue May 6 10:11:52 CDT 2008

I recently ( < 2 weeks back ) set up a 301 redirect so that the .com
version (which we don't control) is no longer indexed, but the .net
version (the real site).  Google reluctantly stopped indexing .com, but
still is not showing .net for any variation of www.mysite.net.  However,
other .net files such as www.mysite.com/services.php, bios, etc are
there in google cache.  I'm also wondering how long this should take.  I
checked that the redirect is working correctly via several of the
available header checking tools.