[thelist] Setting up Apache on Mac OS X 10.5.2

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri May 9 16:57:54 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Jeffrey Barke
<jeffrey.barke at themechanism.com> wrote:
> I spent the day setting up Apache, PHP 5, and MySQL 5 on my Mac for
> the first time. Everything went well save for one thing: getting
> Apache to see .htaccess files.

It's not clear to me what you're showing is in httpd.conf or .htaccess.
Regardless, have you run apachectl -t  and looked in your error log?

Since I needed to get back on that horse anyway, I just downloaded
and compiled 2.2.8 on my Mac (10.5.2) and .htaccess works fine with
a simple Require user directive.

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com