[thelist] Easy CSS wrap question (I think)

David Laakso david at chelseacreekstudio.com
Fri May 9 19:34:22 CDT 2008

Cancilla, Dominick wrote:
> I'm really new at CSS, so I'm guessing that the answer to this question
> is obvious.
>
> I'm working on a new site at:
>
> http://www.calwater.com/dac_test/index.php
>

> --Dominick

If you are "really" new to CSS, a fixed width layout will work much
better for you. Trying to put a fixed width element (such as your center
col image) in a percent column layout without getting float
/cross-browser/ at any given screen resolution drop ain't easy-- and
absolute positioning for the base layout structure is best avoided like
the plague.  My suggestion is to try layout "n.8" on this page:
<http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala08.html>. Stick with floats.

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/