[thelist] Sending Tabular data with mail()

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Sat May 24 07:06:13 CDT 2008

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> In the SMTP header you need to specify that the content-type is "multipart/alternative" and what the boundary marker is. You then need to insert the boundary marker to separate out the various "parts" in the multipart message.
>
> That said, I'm surprised that you'd need to use something so primitive to construct a message. Surely there's some other object you can use that allows you to construct a message in a more user friendly way?
>
> Cheers
> Ken

I put that together in my early days of using php. I'm sure I'd do it
differently now but, primitive though it was, it worked and I learned a
lot about how emails are constructed.
--

Kind Regards

  Chris Price
  Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder while
Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Lonsdale Partners, Priory Close,
St Mary's Gate, Lancaster LA1 1XB . United Kingdom