[thelist] Website Hacked?

Chris Anderson Chris at activeide.com
Sun May 25 12:57:26 CDT 2008

> I just checked, and the account I'm using to access the database
> doesn't
> have 'write' permission to the table that was damaged. Seems like a
> pretty fundamental break in the chain, so I must be missing something.
>
> I'm confused again.

If you can't see anything on the site that has access or can gain
access, you may want to extend your search to other sites on the same
server, and even to internal apps (which could attack due to initial
script attacks that cause internal apps to perform the update)
Also check other points of entry to the database, or even consider the
potential of malicious staff!