[thelist] Cookies for Two Sites

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue May 27 21:36:27 CDT 2008

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Norman Bunn
> <norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a client that has two auto dealerships, one GM, one Ford.  Since
>> the two locations are in different cities, the client believes it is
>> unlikely that people from one city will want to visit the other location
>> all that often.  The idea I have ...
>>

>> Another option...
>>

> What happened to "I have two businesses so I have two domain
> names and two web sites"?
>
> Just askin' ...

There are two websites and two domain names.  People near the Ford one
will not tend to know about the original one, so they guess the original
one's domain name (the dealerships have the same name and the Ford
domain just has "Ford" appended to it.) and get confused when they see
Corvettes, not Mustangs.

---

Norman W. Bunn
norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
803.405.1008
www.CraftedSolutions.com
Crafted Solutions, Inc.
Web Design & Development
Web Site Hosting & Custom Solutions
"Get the results the Internet promises;
 get the 'Net Result' from Crafted Solutions!"