[thelist] thunderbird / textwrap

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed May 28 08:47:15 CDT 2008

10000 chars is huge - This is the default setting.  I would expect
common small paragraphs to respect it, but 70 is what I commonly see and
it is inconsistent, pretty much your comment are right on the mark.

see: www.dottedi.biz/images/tbirg_settings.gif

like i say sometime i see paragraphs with lines that rejoin the previous
line.  this is baffling.  the message you replied with - all wrapped at
about 70 chars.  i looked through my sent.mail at the original message i
sent on this topic and it looks good.  i don't generally use HTML
formatting options with the-list, but when i do in other email
correspondences the 70 char word wrap makes for a messy looking list.

it makes me wonder whether there could be something happening either via
my email provider or a the-list configuration which is causing the line
breaks?

i don't do much if any customization with email.  this is just another
swamp to drain - and alligators are everywhere.

-bob

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions