[thelist] FireFox 3

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Wed Jun 18 11:22:24 CDT 2008

Just installed it. Instantly regretted it.

Virtually none of the addons/plugins work (not unusual, just
irritating.) Plus, it overwrote my old version without asking or
telling. (Was that the default before? I don't remember.) Yes, I could
have been more careful. With FireFox, I didn't expect to have to cover
my backside.

Some of the default behaviours are incredibly annoying. I start typing
my own web address in the address bar, and instead of going to the
history and matching me letter by letter, it does some random search as
if it as suddenly become smarter than me.

Overall look and feel fairly screams "Look! We're turning into Internet
Explorer!" I do not want to re-learn the browser from scratch after I've
spent two years customizing it to behave exactly as I wanted it to.

I hate it. I don't know how I can hate FireFox, but I do.

--
Joel D Canfield
Book at BizBa6.com