[thelist] Windows Server Partitioning

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jun 23 20:58:30 CDT 2008

Unless you have quota-ing software, whenever you have something that arbitrary people can upload data to, you do run the risk of a DoS attack. Someone can just fill your hard disk with garbage :-)

So, I would recommend two partitions in this case.

100GB or so for Windows + Pagefile (there's no real need to have a separate partition for your pagefile - you can just make it a fixed size if you want to avoid fragmentation).

The rest of the disk for your user files, web content and uploads.

Cheers
Ken