[thelist] IE6-specific problem with drop-down menu

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:32:11 CDT 2008

2008/7/3 Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com>:
> 2008/7/3 Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net>:
>> The issue is with the Products menu at the top of <http://kinoma.com/>,
>> based on Son of Suckerfish Dropdowns
>> <http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/>.
>
> When I hover over that menu item, I get a javascript error in IE5.5
> (Can't test in IE6 at the moment), in the <!-- Dynamic populating text
> box --> script.

Whoops, it was a coincidence, that happens a short while after the
page loading, not when I hover over the menu...

If I wait and ignore that error, *then* hover over the menu item, I
get an error in IE7.js (not sure why that's running when I'm not using
IE7, perhaps it's a multiple install issue (but user agent says IE5.5,
etc...).

The error is at c.runtimeStyle[h]=c.parentElement.currentStyle[h]; -
c.parentElement is null.

If I detach the script debugger the submenu appears and yes the second
item is not clickable.

Bizarre, re-attaching the debugger, I can see the sfhover class get
appended and removed from the second link as I mouseover and mouseout
of it.

The link works perfectly when CSS is disabled too.

--
Lee